Photo

Fortress Survival 6.0 beta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 khalifagreen420

khalifagreen420

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ok niwa i am glad to say that 6.0 was beaten today by me and some other fellows called deep moisture and cake120. It went pretty seamless with very few bugs and glitches found. I like that you finally made the second wave of helicopters not die and rape the creeps instead haha. Also the new cut seen for Trojan is awesome and no lag or glitching. Does it change on different difficulty's?

Ok so here are the bugges that where found in my game and i will also ahve a replay at the bottom.

A. when i got the book upgrade for my mechs i could only upgrade the little ones one more time. the big bots where not able to be upped again like the upgrade should have made then upgrade once more.

B. idk you have to watch purple in the replay cuz i am to lazy, but he said something about him for some reason having a timed life on his builder all of a sudden and then he died when it ran out.

C. the new wall upgrade kind of take that symbol on top of the wall and flings it around the room to random area. idk it could cause lag or we could leave it. It only occurs when it is upgrading.

turns out i forgot to save the replay so sry haha but here is the info i got. and btw forget nevo lets vote as a community to put in a space planet for a couple bosses come on PLEASE NEVO PLAEASE!

#2 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hey khalifa. Thank you for posting =p. What mode was it XD? Also, the Trojan intro is the same for all modes.
It's pretty bad but thanks for liking it.

A ) Fixed.
B ) Rare bug that occurs in 5.30 and 6.00 and I do not know what is causing it, happened to my builder too but he received a 240 expiration timer. I canceled that easily by swapping inventory. There are too many timed lives on the map, do u know if the time was short (under 1 second) or long (anything more than 1 second, I'm thinking at least 30+)? Knowing the length of the timer will help me a lot. Edit: Found a potential cause at Fire Destroyer (very very low chance, 1 second expiration timer). Fixed that one. There might be more...
C ) Good to know, but I don't know which wall ur talking about. God's Seal Wall (final normal type wall)? Will use different model. I need something more solid than "energy" for it anyways.

#3 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

So I tried it out, very very awesome biggrin.gif Couple things I've noticed:

The stats screen is a little off, as in the wrong things in the wrong columns (player status = MIA, Kills = Alive, Produc = number of kills). Minor, but noticeable.

I love the new towers! Absolutely love them! happy.gif I did notice the crates of bodies in item shop. I assume they are for the launcher. However, I'm not exactly sure how they're supposed to be used... I tried dropping them on the launchers but nothing, and I'm not sure what use they'd have in inventory. Can this be explained, please? :X

The bridge base is amazing! That'll be a nice test of teamwork for whoever wishes to go there, it looks like an awesome time!

Nothing else that I really noted out of the ordinary, at least that immediately comes to mind... If anything does I'll edit this. Thanks, Niwa! biggrin.gif Can't wait for official release!

#4 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (SoiSoi @ Jan 7 2013, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I tried it out, very very awesome biggrin.gif Couple things I've noticed:

The stats screen is a little off, as in the wrong things in the wrong columns (player status = MIA, Kills = Alive, Produc = number of kills). Minor, but noticeable.

I love the new towers! Absolutely love them! happy.gif I did notice the crates of bodies in item shop. I assume they are for the launcher. However, I'm not exactly sure how they're supposed to be used... I tried dropping them on the launchers but nothing, and I'm not sure what use they'd have in inventory. Can this be explained, please? :X

The bridge base is amazing! That'll be a nice test of teamwork for whoever wishes to go there, it looks like an awesome time!

Nothing else that I really noted out of the ordinary, at least that immediately comes to mind... If anything does I'll edit this. Thanks, Niwa! biggrin.gif Can't wait for official release!

Hey there =). That beta version was pretty much sloppily thrown onto mmh as I had to depart for some Xmas & New Years party.
The stats screen was bugged because I just quickly removed Player Ranks (save/load) off of the board without adjusting anything else.

The new towers heh, arcane now drains more mana, launchers are just return from the old versions.
Except this time, they were supposed to require bodies to launch.
Tested myself in some games and found it too annoying to load them up, so item requirement removed but the items still exist blink.gif
We're looking forward to making new mobs with more mana requiring abilities that may put the Arcane towers to the test.

Bridge base yay, we wanted to have those sooner, but the stupid AI wouldn't allow for it. Since we made a new AI that is a bit smarter, we gave it a try. The AI still needs work. They can still get stuck, but not for too long. Their brains are too stupid to notice that they are stuck until several seconds later.
They has slow reaction.

#5 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I like the new tower also

a problem is the desynch, we played 3 games and couldnt finish them, both me and deep got desynch 2 games in a row, i got desynch in 5.2 and 5.3 maybe 1 game / 10

i thinks that difficulty is more easy in this version than 5.2 but maybe that's just me, i play impo on 5.2, will have to test nightmare and air

#6 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (shtroumf @ Jan 7 2013, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the new tower also

a problem is the desynch, we played 3 games and couldnt finish them, both me and deep got desynch 2 games in a row, i got desynch in 5.2 and 5.3 maybe 1 game / 10

i thinks that difficulty is more easy in this version than 5.2 but maybe that's just me, i play impo on 5.2, will have to test nightmare and air

I noticed that desync rates have been going up too in our tests but we have no leads.
All the desync'ers don't seem to be doing anything that could lead to desync.
Testing this is extremely tough. We could try to gather people and no one build towers in a few games, then no one build mills, etc, to try to filter the possibilities.
We could try to attach debug messages to everything and see which one is running at point of desync but that would be pretty tough considering FS has over 60K lines of code, plus nothing guarantees the code is at fault.
We have thoroughly went through potential common desync causes and the map has none of that anymore, so... it's something not very obvious.
At the moment, I'm just taking random possible precautionaries, though it seems to be increasing desync rate.

#7 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I see there's beta4 on MMH. Testing with DeepMoisture...
Test run done. Here are your notes:

Positives:

1) Liking the hero swap. smile.gif Gives options to players, that's cool.

2) Trojan entrance is very nice, though Deep was complaining that it really slowed him down. Personally, I was fine, so it may just depend on the user's computer performance.

Negatives:

1) There is no advance tower construction for the launch tower. As it stands, you can launch ponies and infernals without the extra cost it takes for other towers to upgrade to that advanced level.

3) Research armor upgrade for walls always says lvl 5 done, even at lower level research. More importantly, wall armor upgrade affects troop armor (firebat, marine, etc.).

4) Troops are way too OP. Deep was literally stalling his walls with troops, which hardly took any damage done to them until the very end. Also, since mobs rarely attacked them (instead going primarily for walls), this can become an abused stall tactic in mid-endgame.

5) According to Deep, the unit tab attack upgrades were not working. I'll have to look more into this, myself, to verify since when I saw them, their attack upgrade seemed fine.

7) Chief repair bots can be made without book research. Mythical technicians still require book research.

Neutral:

1) Stats tab. Status: Alive, Kills: Dead. No big deal, as beforehand it worked fine.

2) Glitch spot on top wall of the little coven space in bridge base. Unit can still be reached and killed (at least I saw it killed by Defiled Marines).

3) Symbol for God's Seal Walls will sometimes spaz out and follow the movement (literally on top of) of a random unit. I saw one seal on top of a repair bot, and another on one of the attacking naga witches before finally settling into the right place.

4) With the wood-upon-unit-kills being back in place, the game became much easier. Not sure if this is because we've become used to 5.3 or what, but playing on Impossible, it seemed very easy until the very end. Will try Nightmare mode to see if there is a notable difference.

#8 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (SoiSoi @ Jan 8 2013, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see there's beta4 on MMH. Testing with DeepMoisture and others now. Will edit this when finished with notes.

Kay, changes since that version are :
-redid command center neatly, new icon for unit upgrades tab
-nerfed bara + riki and increased time needed to recruit them
-buffed mozaic golem by approx 50% damage.
-buffed divine, by approx 40% damage (these 2 bosses were underpowered since Hero damage deal 30% to fortified).
-stopped ranged creeps from destroying insides of the 2 bases that have height elevation without having necessary vision.
-hero swapping is enabled throughout entire game instead of first 3 minutes (this system serves no purpose at the moment)

If someone desyncs, which will probably occur given the current testing trends, please keep a copy of replay I would like to investigate the desyncs more.
Currently trying to test desyncs with myself, I have 4 wc3s open o_O.

Edit:
Below are the most widly used tactics to avoid desyncs.
1. Restart WC3 TFT (exit and then reopen) before playing the map. This resets all the data caches WC3 has after playing a map. Maps that have been effected by widgitizer currupt this cache in a way that other maps will usually split you.

Meh, FS will no longer be widgetized (main purpose was making screen load time much faster).
This isn't the cause though. It only contributed to it. Even if FS isn't widgetized, if you play another map that is, and then FS, you can get desync'd.
However, something else is the main cause.

#9 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Edited post. Please see above. smile.gif

#10 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I see there\'s beta4 on MMH. Testing with DeepMoisture...
Test run done. Here are your notes:
Positives:

1) Liking the hero swap. smile.gif Gives options to players, that\'s cool.
Thanks.
2) Trojan entrance is very nice, though Deep was complaining that it really slowed him down. Personally, I was fine, so it may just depend on the user\'s computer performance.
Trojan used a poor jump system. Noted for change later.

Negatives:

1) There is no advance tower construction for the launch tower. As it stands, you can launch ponies and infernals without the extra cost it takes for other towers to upgrade to that advanced level.
Thanks.

3) Research armor upgrade for walls always says lvl 5 done, even at lower level research. More importantly, wall armor upgrade affects troop armor (firebat, marine, etc.).
Tooltip/upgrade errors are Widgetizer bugs. It\'s a tool that reduces screen load time, it won\'t be used in later versions.

4) Troops are way too OP. Deep was literally stalling his walls with troops, which hardly took any damage done to them until the very end. Also, since mobs rarely attacked them (instead going primarily for walls), this can become an abused stall tactic in mid-endgame.
Troops health upgrade bonus was 1000-3000% instead of 10-30%. Sorry. Of course they\'re OP, they have more health than Trojan, lmao.

5) According to Deep, the unit tab attack upgrades were not working. I\'ll have to look more into this, myself, to verify since when I saw them, their attack upgrade seemed fine.
It should be working there just wasn\'t an icon indicator thing.

7) Chief repair bots can be made without book research. Mythical technicians still require book research.
Thanks. You skipped #2 and #6, must be sleepy. Let me put you to bed.

Neutral:

1) Stats tab. Status: Alive, Kills: Dead. No big deal, as beforehand it worked fine.
I thought this was fixed, will look into it.

2) Glitch spot on top wall of the little coven space in bridge base. Unit can still be reached and killed (at least I saw it killed by Defiled Marines).
Found it, thanks.

3) Symbol for God\'s Seal Walls will sometimes spaz out and follow the movement (literally on top of) of a random unit. I saw one seal on top of a repair bot, and another on one of the attacking naga witches before finally settling into the right place.
Lmao, will have to use a new model.

4) With the wood-upon-unit-kills being back in place, the game became much easier. Not sure if this is because we\'ve become used to 5.3 or what, but playing on Impossible, it seemed very easy until the very end. Will try Nightmare mode to see if there is a notable difference.
I can try to balance it but it won\'t work out. I have no sense of the in-between. You either get it rough as hell or easy as fuck. I will run more solo test runs if my partner fails to kidnap you to be our FS balancing slave. Watch out behind you, he\'s after you /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\.

You will make 6.00 an awesome version *thumbs up*.

#11 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I'm sorry, I was absolutely wiped last night, got around three hours of sleep. Sorry about that. tongue.gif

As for difficulty, don't worry about it. Honestly, I'm sure people will be overall happier with the wood-upon-kills rather than without, as it'll allow them to live longer and enjoy the game more. People like us just need our own runs to spice things up instead of doing queues with people who usually play easy or normal mode. laugh.gif WE SO OP, YO!

Also:
Attached File  3793_oh_stop_it_you_large.png   34.23KB   3 downloads

Attached Files

#12 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Some things I've noticed :

The "mana tree" doesn't seem to work

In research center, it says "hero upgrade" when it should say "units upgrade"

It would be nice to have the gladiator unit back (remembered about it when I read the units damage upgrade tooltip tongue.gif)

#13 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jan 8 2013, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some things I've noticed :

The "mana tree" doesn't seem to work

In research center, it says "hero upgrade" when it should say "units upgrade"

It would be nice to have the gladiator unit back (remembered about it when I read the units damage upgrade tooltip tongue.gif)

Oh sorry, mana tree was a work in progress that I forgot about.
Okay, should say Units upgrade now.
Ah I forgot about gladiator, now he's back.

Oh yes, took 6.00 off mmh for today while making changes, I don't want a version with 300k hp merc units flying around lmao.

#14 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yeah.~