Change alchemist so FPS does not lower throughout the game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 schuimpie

schuimpie

Private

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hey guys,

My laptop is getting a bit old and when I'm playing FS with some friends my fps starts to drop throughout the game because of the many running lumber mills. Especially when the alchemists come in and make it possible for players to make even more lumber mills.

My idea is instead of giving 2 small level 4 lumbermills in items to the alchemist when he converts them. Just give 1 normal sized level 5 lumbermill. This lumber mill should produce just as much lumber as 2 level 4. The same thing can be done with 2 level 5 lumber mills creating 1 lvl 6 lumber mill, still creating the same amount of lumber. This is where it would stop as now you get the same amount of lumber per square as you would get with 4 small level 4 lumber mills.

The level 6 lumber mill would produce 4 lumber every 4 seconds as the level 4 lumber mill produces 1 lumber every 4 seconds.

The main difference is not having to build new level 1 lumber mills with your survivor, so that can be an (unwanted) change to the gameplay.

I hope you take my suggestion into serious consideration.

Greetz,

Schuimpie

edit: typo

Edited by schuimpie, 05 July 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#2 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (schuimpie @ Jul 5 2012, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

My laptop is getting a bit old and when I'm playing FS with some friends my fps starts to drop throughout the game because of the many running lumber mills. Especially when the alchemists come in and make it possible for players to make even more lumber mills.
My laptop is old and I have FPS issues as well. We'll continually test 5.30 to improve this.

My idea is instead of giving 2 small level 4 lumbermills in items to the alchemist when he converts them. Just give 1 normal sized level 5 lumbermill. This lumber mill should produce just as much lumber as 2 level 4. The same thing can be done with 2 level 5 lumber mills creating 1 lvl 6 lumber mill, still creating the same amount of lumber. This is where it would stop as now you get the same amount of lumber per square as you would get with 4 small level 4 lumber mills.
Something along these lines will definitely be added.

The level 6 lumber mill would produce 4 lumber every 4 seconds as the level 4 lumber mill produces 1 lumber every 4 seconds.

The main difference is not having to build new level 1 lumber mills with your survivor, so that can be an (unwanted) change to the gameplay.

I hope you take my suggestion into serious consideration.

Greetz,

Schuimpie

edit: typo

#3 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

If ur laptop is running slow, try formatting it :P. It may be infected with virus

#4 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

If ur laptop is running slow, try formatting it :P. It may be infected with virus

Maybe worst than a virus! A trojan!

#5 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

Maybe worst than a virus! A trojan!

EVIL TROJANNN!!!! not only spawns in bases, but spawns in your computer too xD

#6 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

EVIL TROJANNN!!!! not only spawns in bases, but spawns in your computer too xD