Photo

Brutal lag fixer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Wood production (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you mind it if wood is spawned in the manner specified?

1. Yes, please do make this change (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No, I prefer it as it is (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Currently there are two things which are currently killing the players with bad computers/nets.

These are summoned troops (from sentry tower upgrades), if en masse this will kill any ability to play the game. (not used much)
and lumber production, with ~20 mins left with 4 players in the game, each having 80 lvl 4 lumber mills (this is a "low" estimate, most players i notice have more, especially if they begin using more than one repair factory/enginner to power build mills faster, and the fact level 4 mills produce 1 wood every 4 seconds.

So my suggestion will completely remove all lag from this. If you have played tree tag you will probably be familiar with it.

Instead of "producing wood" a trigger simply checks the number of mills andd upgrades of the mills each player has, and adds wood based on this every x seconds of game time. My suggested amount of time is 20 seconds.

Pros:
#1. Reduces lag by a lot, currently every time lumber is produced a unit is created and placed onto the map, a minimap signal to show where and a trigger immediately to remove the unit produced, this is actually rather strenuous on the poor wc3 system.
#2. Makes it a LOT easier to upgrade them, no cancelling of production needed as they will no longer produce wood. Also more noob friendly seeing it's more obvious.
#3. Is more easily tracked, you can see how many mills you have and have a good guess at how much lumber you will receive.
#4. Removes the green minimap signal saying a unit has been produced, when you have ~140 mills, this can get pretty distracting/annoying.

Cons:
#1. The current method is better "logically" as each mill produces lumber when it's finished being made and takes x time to produce that lumber, rather than if you build it 1 second before the trigger kicks in to give out lumber, you still get it.
#2. No lumber between intervals (excluding from creep kills) as currently if you are 1 lumber short, all you have to do is wait for another lumber mill to finish producing a wood, on my suggested method you will have to wait a period of time before you receive it.

I'm curious to see how the votes go to see if others are lagging or what they think of the current system.

#2 Lt_Storm

Lt_Storm

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

i think this is a brilliant idea... another recommendation related to lumber mills can you put level 4 mills in the vendor for like 70 wood?

#3 dragondo2

dragondo2

Private

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

http://imageshack.us...mcapture16.jpg/

it aint a problem for me smile.gif

#4 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Anything that reduces lag is a good idea. Even when I'm the only survivor I can feel the game getting laggier as I mass mills, barely playable at 8' mark and still I got a decent computer.

#5 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Brutal lag fixer ? Sounds like a good idea.. But it just needs a decent computer to reduce lag or not have any lags at all ^_^

#6 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

I wish I always have 64 FPS for War3!

#7 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

64? Why not 32? Thats the lowest I've seen in garena :D. (Not shared with another computer). So you can experience FSA with no problems :D. (Except black-outs or brown-outs) xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users