Photo

Hero damage challenge!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

So currently in 5.20, we can upgrade damage as much as we want with the tomes.

So, this was just 4 of us, not really trying to get much damage and we still did pretty good:

credits to killagunfish (owner of the marine), niwa, ve1ro and myself.

i reckon a LOT more damage can be gotten than this. with 3 players i believe 1000 tomes is well within reason. Come on, show me what you've got!

post difficulty/modes too!

#2 DemonPwner

DemonPwner

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Bigheaded @ Jun 8 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So currently in 5.20, we can upgrade damage as much as we want with the tomes.

So, this was just 4 of us, not really trying to get much damage and we still did pretty good:

credits to killagunfish (owner of the marine), niwa, ve1ro and myself.

i reckon a LOT more damage can be gotten than this. with 3 players i believe 1000 tomes is well within reason. Come on, show me what you've got!

post difficulty/modes too!

Nice one!
But good luck beating mine!
23k dmg 1880 tomes on a rockeeter!
=To bad they fixed it= sad.gif

#3 KILLAGUNFISH

KILLAGUNFISH

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

screenshot or it didn't happen
LOL im kidding gratz yeah at the beginning Ve1ro, Bigheaded, Niwa, and I wanted to make a super marine but he got one shotted by the bonus persons cluster rockets, other than that nobody killed me

#4 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Hmm I can probably beat that alone tongue.gif let me try

#5 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jun 9 2012, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I can probably beat that alone tongue.gif let me try

good luck. i gave it a shot "alone" (it was in a pub and the pub covered the other exit, i chucked some gold at other people)

this is roughly 170 tomes:

and ye demonpwner, we're talking without glitches. pretty sure yours is "beatable" legitamately though.

was pretty funny the last boss was like "wut's this noob upto, 1 hit kill lolololol" 5 rainbow guns drop to the floor tongue.gif

#6 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

404 tomes

#7 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jun 9 2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
404 tomes

replay/screenshot? for i'd be curious how you got so many lumber mills as me AND someone else speed built till ~5 mins remaining where the amount produced is less than the cost of upgrade and we managed ~270 each with ~6k damage at the end.
Or was it not alone?
Have the replay but no screenshot. Will grab a screenie later.

As a solo, i again managed ~250 tomes:

#8 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

No it was solo but on normal/no air/no invis allowing me to farm easily. Easily beatable though, I'm going to try again with a better farming method and post the replay this time.

Edit : There you go 528

Edit2 : 692

Edit3 : 846

Edited by englocked, 19 June 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#9 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Could probably do better without the late game lag

#10 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

tbh, i really meant by the time trojan spawned. Had forgotten you could delay winning... kinda defeats the point.

Very impressive though anyway englocked!

seriously what the... : (827 tomes):

Perhaps a cut off point on when trojan spawns? cos it's kinda lame delaying the game (and a boring watch lol) tongue.gif
Will have an attempt at beating it solo or with someone else when a new lumber system is implemented ^^

#11 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Well it takes some skills delaying to the max (killing trojan and commander tyrant at the last second biggrin.gif) but I see your point. I just did 1011 tomes btw ^^ using a slightly more effective powerbuild system (up to 9 repair units on a single mill)

#12 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jun 20 2012, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it takes some skills delaying to the max (killing trojan and commander tyrant at the last second biggrin.gif) but I see your point. I just did 1011 tomes btw ^^ using a slightly more effective powerbuild system (up to 9 repair units on a single mill)

O___O
1011 tomes... 125 lumbers a tome... 126,375 lumber units trained in lumber mills... Map did not crash?!

This
Is
So
IMBA.

We will limit # of mini mills you can make...!
I'm sure englocked worked his hands like never before
I'm sure they want a break now yes let's place a limiter on englocked he is too powerful...
Besides if you want more hand exercise there's always that.
Agree?

#13 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hey I don't want to be nerfed! ^^ What's that ?

#14 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Niwa @ Jun 21 2012, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O___O
1011 tomes... 125 lumbers a tome... 126,375 lumber units trained in lumber mills... Map did not crash?!

This
Is
So
IMBA.

We will limit # of mini mills you can make...!
I'm sure englocked worked his hands like never before
I'm sure they want a break now yes let's place a limiter on englocked he is too powerful...
Besides if you want more hand exercise there's always that.
Agree?

Why would you cap it? only ~500 of those were probably "useful" (for i suspect englocked continued making mills till trojan spawned, all mills made ~5 mins before he spawned are useless tbh)

also it gives people the challenge to try and do the same. What you will be encouraging by limiting it, is for lazy workers. that's not the spirit of fortress survival tongue.gif it's all build build build! smile.gif

also your maths isn't including the upgrades needed for the lumber mills? he probably produced ~200k (wall upgrades, repair units, repair bots all need doing too).

#15 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Bigheaded @ Jun 21 2012, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for i suspect englocked continued making mills till trojan spawned, all mills made ~5 mins before he spawned are useless tbh

They aren't useless if I'm going to drag the game. Takes roughly 8 mins to see a return on investment.

#16 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jun 21 2012, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They aren't useless if I'm going to drag the game. Takes roughly 8 mins to see a return on investment.

well, in my current suggestion of timing it till trojan spawns (rather than "how much i can delay the game") would suggest that with 8 mins remaining you no longer upgrade mills, if you can be bothered to make them that is.

As i'm not viewing another 1 hour 10 minute game filled with lag from mass lumber mills tongue.gif just imagine two players with that many mills... the lag produced then.. or a whole game doing so!?!

#17 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

The lag is indeed massive. I can't wait for it to be removed biggrin.gif and see how much more I can mass those tomes. My guess would be around 1300

#18 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (englocked @ Jun 21 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lag is indeed massive. I can't wait for it to be removed biggrin.gif and see how much more I can mass those tomes. My guess would be around 1300

It should be a lot less laggy in next version so good luck with your endeavors.

#19 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Lol!

#20 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

:blink: