Photo

Teaming Bonus(es)?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ve1ro

Ve1ro

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

I was thinking maybe an effect that detects if you are sharing an area with one or more players and get a bonus of some kind... like an atk speed aura statue, or an enemy attraction statue/automatic trigger (that would get extra spawns thrown at you, which lets u level your marines more) or both- or perhaps something similar
that would be exclusive to building as a team. team building just seems to make the game more fun in a bunch of ways.

like building 4 together, one lumber, one defender, and the rest can mess around and control 4 marines and a party of snipers roaming the world. lol with automatic enemy attractors it would make it more fair- perhaps stronger monsters for the # people in an area, or special bosses directed to team bases.

maybe an option to turn this on or off in the beginning of the game...

this goes further into suggesting the map be made bigger with a bigger variety of small/large areas like the one in the southwest corner.

#2 CrumbliNherb

CrumbliNherb

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I really like the idea of promoting team play, it's something I rarely see these days unless playing with someone from the clan/forums. I'd like to see more bases like the bottom left base but without barrels xD

#3 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

There is a new 4 room chain-build area in the bottom right quadrant of the map now.
Tell us what you think about it after 5.10 is released tomorrow.
Hopefully there is more team building or chain building in 5.10 from these new bases.
So far the only "benefits" from building as a team is extra spawns attacking you.
More lumber from kills, more kill stats for towers (does nothing at the moment), and more marine leveling (no more global exp share).
It's really much better than soloing off on your own, and you have better odds at beating the game when building together.
We can't really promote team building with auras because team building is overpowered smile.gif.
If people prefer to solo then let them solo; chances are they will also help the team by being a distraction base, or maybe they will get a few team upgrades, etc.
This teambuilding/chain-building is most likely the best way to beat impossible in 5.10 if Trojan is not being stupid.
And... Attraction Statue... ohmy.gif Yes. Just yes.

#4 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

The previous area for chaining being the bottom left of the fortress? i've seen 3-4 piled up along there, each person does a single base, all sides are double walled with towers/repairs on both sides. Obviously the side which is being protected by someone else can be delayed.

Haven't seen many other spots.

#5 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Good idea :D

#6 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Good idea :D

Yeah. :)