Another spawn point for the Trojan

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

The current spawn point of the Trojan is pretty boring, he just spawns at the "basement passage" in the middle of the map... so why not something more interesting like a prison?

This is a small prototype built in 1-2 hours:

The Trojan should spawn at the gate in the middle of the prison.
Good/bad idea? Tell me what you think about it biggrin.gif

#2 CrumbliNherb

CrumbliNherb

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

hmm so he would prison break his way out! awesome tongue.gif

Where would the prison be located? It shouldn't take him more then a few seconds to get out of it, what would make it more exciting then just looks if anything? Either way, I like how it looks so far =]

#3 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (CrumbliNherb @ May 1 2012, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm so he would prison break his way out! awesome tongue.gif

Where would the prison be located? It shouldn't take him more then a few seconds to get out of it, what would make it more exciting then just looks if anything? Either way, I like how it looks so far =]

Thanks biggrin.gif
I think it should be somewhere in the fortress, near the new "generator room", which is located in Boberto's Hangout. It would be cool if the Trojan could only escape when the generator is destroyed (which happenes after 60min?) biggrin.gif

#4 CrumbliNherb

CrumbliNherb

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

I like it ! Sounds good to me, you have my vote =P

#5 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

That looks real neat!
*Calls Nevo*
Nevo look at this! Looks awesome doesn't it. Let's do it!
Then the attackers' reason for attacking can be to try to overwhelm the fortress and break the Trojan out.
What normal survivors are doing in the middle of this, I dunno!
Wait, they build an entire base out of nowhere, they can't be normal!

Anyways, we are probably avoiding cliffs due to pathing but there's a much better way to do smoother terrain. Using raise/lower heights, plateaus, and smooth. It can easily artifically create cliffs, ramps, elevation levels, etc. Sight & pathing blockers are used where there are sudden increase/decrease in terrain height. So Nevo, Zer0o's ideas could work if we used that.

#6 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Niwa @ May 2 2012, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looks real neat!
*Calls Nevo*
Nevo look at this! Looks awesome doesn't it. Let's do it!
Then the attackers' reason for attacking can be to try to overwhelm the fortress and break the Trojan out.
What normal survivors are doing in the middle of this, I dunno!
Wait, they build an entire base out of nowhere, they can't be normal!

Anyways, we are probably avoiding cliffs due to pathing but there's a much better way to do smoother terrain. Using raise/lower heights, plateaus, and smooth. It can easily artifically create cliffs, ramps, elevation levels, etc. Sight & pathing blockers are used where there are sudden increase/decrease in terrain height. So Nevo, Zer0o's ideas could work if we used that.

I'll try to use the new technique for the prison, I'm gonna post new screens in a few days. PN me if you want to have the map wink.gif

#7 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

I think this is an amazing idea, lets try to add it in with what Niwa posted.

#8 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I avoided the normal cliffs and built with path-blockers and plateaus, this is the result (It's faster to build a new one instead of upgrading the old one):

I added a generator and towers. The towers and the gates will explode if the generator gets destroyed.
I suggest that some units enter the prison through the water after 40-45min and destroy the generator so the Trojan gets out:

Good/bad? Tell me what I should add/remove wink.gif

#9 Revol

Revol

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

seems like a good layout. looks like we will have to lose a corner for it to realy work tho cause it LOOKS huge for the side of FS, that or an area twice the size of the courtyard in the fort its self lol. my semi idea tho is yes the generator the Towers invuln gate leading in (so mobs cant just walk in. unless it will be the NPC unique wall with like 60 base armor and repairmen to keep it alive vs mobs with a few towers to slowely pick em off + troops but trojan is inside and allready visable but invulon untill the ambush from the water? so it looks like hes realy imprissioned not just appears from i guess that magic gate at the other place, cause if we are building a prision he should be visable in it so people get it and it looks more real for the fort, cause the mobs are coming from underground allready, if he was underground they coulda just tunneled him out instead of having to break him out

#10 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Revol @ May 5 2012, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seems like a good layout. looks like we will have to lose a corner for it to realy work tho cause it LOOKS huge for the side of FS, that or an area twice the size of the courtyard in the fort its self lol. my semi idea tho is yes the generator the Towers invuln gate leading in (so mobs cant just walk in. unless it will be the NPC unique wall with like 60 base armor and repairmen to keep it alive vs mobs with a few towers to slowely pick em off + troops but trojan is inside and allready visable but invulon untill the ambush from the water? so it looks like hes realy imprissioned not just appears from i guess that magic gate at the other place, cause if we are building a prision he should be visable in it so people get it and it looks more real for the fort, cause the mobs are coming from underground allready, if he was underground they coulda just tunneled him out instead of having to break him out

True, but how do you want him to be visible? The Trojan-model is like 5 times bigger than the normal model so a normal cage would be too small. Another problem is that the Trojan always has his axe equipped so it would look strange. tongue.gif
The prison is 1,5 the size of the courtyard. It would look unrealistic in my opinion if it would be just the cage and some walls+towers.

Edited by Zer0o, 05 May 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#11 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Wow!! You put a lot of effort into this. I certainly think it would make a great addition to the game. I think it's too big to fit anywhere without destroying 2 or so big rooms or removing top left and placing it there.

#12 TalVash

TalVash

Private

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

how about some screen shaking for everyone as trojan spawns? i sometimes miss him sad.gif

#13 Revol

Revol

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

just remembered i had a "prision" in the base that the defenders were trying to get into cause i had "night elfs" gaurding it tryring to break there leader out and has small army on each side trying to get in / out and was pretty small that could work so would need alot of work

#14 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (TalVash @ May 6 2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about some screen shaking for everyone as trojan spawns? i sometimes miss him sad.gif

Ok it's added, thanks smile.gif.

#15 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Niwa @ May 5 2012, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow!! You put a lot of effort into this.

I'm ill so i got nothing better to do xD

#16 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is a horrible idea -,-.. Just kidding.. This is a perfect ideaa !!!! :D +10

#17 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Looks like a museum. LOL

#18 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Good Idea Zer0o  :)

#19 AcediaPH

AcediaPH