Photo

New hero types

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

So currently, we have some pretty lame ass sniper unit, which costs a gold and doesn't really do a lot.

So what if, we made him into a hero!?

I would suggest an intelligence hero, as snipers are supposed to attack slowly, so agility is basically a nono. Also his damage should increase dramatically as he levels, as his attack speed is pretty poor.

Name: Sniper
Suggested stats:
Primary attribute: intelligence
Attack speed: slow
Attack damage at level one:
No weapon upgrades: 300-350
Weapon upgrade 1: 350-400
Weapon upgrade 2: 400-450
Weapon upgrade 3: 450-500
Weapon upgrade 4: 500-550
Weapon upgrade 5: 550-600

Attributes:
Strength: 50 + 20 per level
Agility: 10 + 4 per level
Intelligence: 90 + 70 per level

Range: 900
Base hp/armor, doesnt really matter. Somewhat similar to a marine.

So with Weapon upgrade 5 at level 15 he would have:
"normal" or "fast" attack speed (this is still way way way slower than marines)
70*14 (seeing +14 levels): 980 + 550-600= 1530-1580

Name: Firebat
Suggested stats:
Primary attribute: Strength
Attack speed: slow
Attack damage at level one: (i see no reason to change this from the sniper)
No weapon upgrades: 300-350
Weapon upgrade 1: 350-400
Weapon upgrade 2: 400-450
Weapon upgrade 3: 450-500
Weapon upgrade 4: 500-550
Weapon upgrade 5: 550-600

Attributes:
Strength: 220 + 115 per level
Agility: 30 + 15 per level
Intelligence: 10 + 4 per level

Base health: 30,000
Base armor: 12
Range: 200

As it's funny to wander round the map with a bunch of heroes and maybe 1 or 2 wizards, but even a level 15 marines dies to 2 hits from a creep, if not one!

I was also considering some form of Wizard hero, and put sniper into agility category also. But i think a sniper being intelligence still makes some form of sense.

So come on guys, what do you think of
1: The general concept, new heroes!
2: The rough stats i've allocated.
3: Ideas for skills? might make sense for the firebat to have some form of avatar spell which increases armor, damage and gives magic immunity. No ideas at the moment for snipers skill. Perhaps a simple one called "Snipe" deals xxxx damage.

#2 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Indeed, we do need new units and heroes, but the whole point of this game is to make a base and hide yourself in the base.
Survivors should feel proud that they were able to create an entire base from nowhere, strong enough to protect themselves from hordes of monsters.
The outside should be considered an extreme danger zone... after the monsters start their regular spawn.
Not: "Ooh fun!! My base is so strong it's so boring I need to go out to the Playzone wheee! Let's play with those monsters and own them with my hero!"

In my view, this could make the game feel even more boring when you know you don't even have to base yourself to survive because you have such strong units and heroes capable of taking hits. It could also demoralize other players giving their all into basing while you go own things. They would be thinking, "Wow, why am I trying so hard to wall myself in when this fellow player here is outside of his base eating up monsters?" (feels like there's no threat level, you know?). The reason we made their health really low was to force them to stay inside the base.

However, I do think your ideas could work out, under certain circumstances. Instead of dying in 1-2 hits, we could make it 3-4 hits. They shouldn't be able to tank anything for an extended duration of time though (unless you can specify exactly why this would work out and be good for the game?). I'll stay open-minded and work on new heroes since we'll never know how it could play out. We could try it out in an upcoming public beta test.

Siege Machines work wonders first 10 minutes, you could play with them in the meantime ohmy.gif..
Community (if there is any), what do you think? Suggestions like these requires the input of many players.

#3 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Part of the reason is trojan moving. Although with his stun, moving him is harder.

I had him stuck recently because of a paratrooper net and it was impossible to get him to move and i lost a bunch of my marines, then eventually i got him unstuck, then he goes and kills my base cos i didn't have enough marines or time to finish him.

#4 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I think an addition of the sniper hero would be nice though, for it's really annoying trying to hit ranged units attacking at maximum distance on your walls. Seeing i find the current snipers are rather weak for the cost.
If they costed ~2-3 food then sure, i'd get an army of the things.

I'm less worried about the firebat, for unless he's immune to trojans stomp he's not gonna help unstuck him either.
Can be funny to lure stuff to your base though.

#5 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

We will be adding Heroes into the new version of Fortress Survival as the main Builders however at this moment in time, we have way too many other things we'd like to implement first before we go drastically changing the game like that. Still, good idea and definitely not the first who's suggested it so due to demand, we will be doing something like this for 6.00.

#6 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Already added in the latest version :D. Except the firebat.

#7 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

+1 to firebat 

#8 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

+2 to firebat. Firebat seems cool though. Needs more life I think?

#9 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

+3 to Firebat!

#10 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

HAHAHA :D. I think the Firebat theory won't be approved? Cuz there is still no firebat hero in the game :P

#11 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

i hope there is a firebat hero that have awesome abilities :D 

#12 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yeah :D. That would be awesomeeee! :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users